Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Untitled Interview #94 – SXSW Edition: Starring Jake Orrall (JEFF The Brotherhood)

The days are getting longer, the nights are getting shorter and sweeter, and that, my little vixens, can only mean one thing: it's getting close to being almost time for the one and only SXSW. And of course, that means I had to ask some questions of the bands I'd sure want to see if I was heading down to Austin for the 25th annual SXSW-stravaganza.

A little while back I had the pleasure of seeing JEFF The Brotherhood partake in some music-making activities. That pair of Tennessee troublemakers blew my brain every which way, their overpowering jams of 70s-styled swampy rock stylings too much for me to resist. They are, my friends, very recommended live listening. Oh hey, what do you know? They're down there in Austin. Below, Jake Orrall talks SXSW, and his formative festival-going experience. Boobs were involved.

Les Enfants Terribles: How are you getting to SXSW: plane, train, or automobile?
Jake Orrall: We are driving our automobile.

LET: Inevitably, you will forget to pack:
JO: Jamin's glasses and phone charger, Jake's toiletries and clothes.

LET: How many showcases/parties will you be playing?
JO: 5 or 6 I think! Takin it easy this year. Last year we did 11, and it was hell.

LET: Band you're most looking forward to seeing at the festival?
JO: PENTAGRAM!!!!

LET: What's the first thing you plan on doing upon arrival in Austin?
JO: Play our first show. We will be cutting it close so we will most likely be loading directly on to the stage to play. Haha.

LET: What was the first festival you ever attended, either as a musician or member of the general public?
JO: RIVER STAGES in Nashville when I was maybe 12 or 13. I saw a topless girl crowdsurfing during Foo Fighters.

LET: Favorite thing about festivals?
JO: I don't really like festivals.

mp3: Bone Jam (JEFF The Brotherhood from Heavy Days)

No comments: