Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Untitled Interview #113 – SXSW Edition: Starring Pat Jordache

The days are getting longer, the nights are getting shorter and sweeter, and that, my little vixens, can only mean one thing: it's getting close to being almost time for the one and only SXSW. And of course, that means I had to ask some questions of the bands I'd sure want to see if I was heading down to Austin for the 25th annual SXSW-stravaganza.

The music made by Pat Jordache is quite frequently messy, loud, and all over the place. The latest record, Future Songs, was given an apt title, because the songs sound to me like songs stuck between now and then, bits and pieces of here and there. I hear occasional nods to Black Dice, Joy Division, Xiu Xiu, and Islands, you’ll probably hear something totally different. But again, that’s quite alright with me. Below, it sure sounds like this is one busy band this SXSW.

Les Enfants Terribles: How are you getting to SXSW: plane, train, or automobile?
Pat Jordache: Win32 drivers.

LET: Inevitably, you will forget to pack:

PJ: The soundblaster.

LET: How many showcases/parties will you be playing?
PJ: So many that it would be easier to say that I stop playing for X time, the spreadsheet would be smaller.

LET: Band you're most looking forward to seeing at the festival?

PJ: Cadence Weapon.

LET: What's the first thing you plan on doing upon arrival in Austin?
PJ: Cut the pant legs off my Zegna jeans and make headbands for infants with them

LET: What was the first festival you ever attended, either as a musician or member of the general public?
PJ: The Royal Horsejumping Championship in Toronto.

LET: Favorite thing about festivals?
PJ: Doggies.

mp3: Radio Generation (Pat Jordache from Future Songs)

No comments: