Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Untitled Interview #89 – SXSW Edition: Starring We Are Enfant Terrible

The days are getting longer, the nights are getting shorter and sweeter, and that, my little vixens, can only mean one thing: it's getting close to being almost time for the one and only SXSW. And of course, that means I had to ask some questions of the bands I'd sure want to see if I was heading down to Austin for the 25th annual SXSW-stravaganza.

On their Myspace page, We Are Enfant Terrible has pictures of a Pomeranian wearing black shades standing with a paper towel roll on its nose, and a vintage snap of a dude standing by a giant telephone. Their music, bless their hearts, is even more wacky. But in a serious, we will party your faces off something fierce so don't even try to resist kind of way. And who am I kidding? Was there any way I wasn't getting my claws on this band? It's like we were fated to come together. Below, Cyril and Clo Terrible talk SXSW, the French way.

Les Enfants Terribles: How are you getting to SXSW: plane, train, or automobile?
Cyril : We'll probably use the train first (to go to the airport). Then, the plane. Is SUV an automobile?
Clo: Planomobile

LET: Inevitably, you will forget to pack:

Cyril : Nothing, in the band, I'm the best in packing! I never forgot something! I swear!
Clo: Cyril.

LET: How many showcases/parties will you be playing?

Cyril : 3, 4 or 5. Something like that.
Clo: 3 I think. We are a trio so it's gonna be 1 gig each.

LET: Band you're most looking forward to seeing at the festival?

Cyril : Where is the schedule in the SXSW website? I just feel like a shit right. An e-shit!
Clo: I'd like to see Tennis (the band , not the sport).

LET: What's the first thing you plan on doing upon arrival in Austin?

Cyril : Giant BBQ! As everybody does!
Clo: Send a message to my mother to say that everything is ok.

LET: What was the first festival you ever attended, either as a musician or member of the general public?

Cyril : It was a festival with 5 or 6 harmonies. You know, with old people playing saxophones and younger people playing clarinets. I was pretty young, I was 8 years old.
Clo: Classical music festival in Saint Riquier, France. It was in a church and I was not allowed to speak during the gig (3h) which is pretty hard when you're 8.

LET: Favorite thing about festivals?

Clo: Laying on the grass eating junk food listening to 3 different gigs at the same time.

mp3: Connection (The Rolling Stones cover) (We Are Enfant Terrible - go here for more goodies)

No comments: