Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Untitled Interview #78 – SXSW Edition: Starring Brown Brogues

The days are getting longer, the nights are getting shorter and sweeter, and that, my little vixens, can only mean one thing: it's getting close to being almost time for the one and only SXSW. And of course, that means I had to ask some questions of the bands I'd sure want to see if I was heading down to Austin for the 25th annual SXSW-stravaganza.

I seriously, ridiculously, massively love Brown Brogues. There's only two of them, but these impish little scamps from the North(west) of Engerland make more of an unholy racket than bands twice their size. If you're seeking your new favorite filthy, fuzzy, furious, grimey guttersnipe of a band, might I suggest you look no further. Their recorded tunes make me envision shambolic live chaos, so if you happen to see them in Austin please report back. And below, the Brown Brogues and their SXSW plans.

Les Enfants Terribles: How are you getting to SXSW: plane, train, or automobile?
Brown Brogues: 20 fucking hour train ride, then sharing a room in a hostel with 20 other guys probably.

LET: Inevitably, you will forget to pack:
BB: Fresh underwear. *sighs, because its true*

LET: How many showcases/parties will you be playing?
BB: 5 so far, but hopefully some more but we're only doing the hip ones.

LET: Band you're most looking forward to seeing at the festival?
BB: Tough one, probably Black Lips and my friend's band Mazes.

LET: What's the first thing you plan on doing upon arrival in Austin?
BB: We get there at 7 in the morning after 20 hours on the train, so will probably weep with joy, fall to my knees and kiss the dusty earth, then get a breakfast burrito and a Bloody Mary.

LET: What was the first festival you ever attended, either as a musician or
member of the general public?
BB: V festival in Stafford when I was 17 to see the Strokes. I took a load of mushrooms, then walked around watching peoples jaws falling from their faces whilst they laughed and I kept seeing Mexican dancing patterns around my head.

LET: Favorite thing about festivals?
BB: Living like a feral child for the best part of a week....No, the best thing is the shower when you get home.

mp3: Treet U Beta (Brown Brogues from the forthcoming 7" )

No comments: