Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Untitled Interview #68 – SXSW Edition: Starring Elliott Frazier (Ringo Deathstarr)

The days are getting longer, the nights are getting shorter and sweeter, and that, my little vixens, can only mean one thing: it's getting close to being almost time for the one and only SXSW. And of course, that means I had to ask some questions of the bands I'd sure want to see if I was heading down to Austin for the 25th annual SXSW-stravaganza.

When I went down to Austin for SXSW 2009, one of the bands I was most excited to see live was Ringo Deathstarr. My friends, they did not disappoint. They ended up being one of the best live bands of the entire week for me, having left me hanging on every single note of their loud, fuzzy, droney MBV incarnate sound. Not to gush or anything, but this band is amazing, live and on record. So if you're hitting SXSW this year, do yourself a favor. See them as many times as you can. Here's howler/shredder extraordinaire Elliott Frazier talkin' all things SXSW.

Les Enfants Terribles: How are you getting to SXSW: plane, train, or automobile?
Elliott Frazier: 3 automobiles...we live in Austin!

LET: Inevitably, you will forget to pack:
EF: I dunno, it seems we always forget something...I hope we don't leave Kevin home alone again!

LET: How many showcases/parties will you be playing?
EF: As many as we can, at least once a day, maybe more.

LET: Band you're most looking forward to seeing at the festival?
EF: Young Prisms is the only band I know of that is playing.

LET: What's the first thing you plan on doing upon arrival in Austin?
EF: Getting a Mexican martini at El Mercado.

LET: What was the first festival you ever attended, either as a musician or member of the general public?
EF: SXSW in 2001, I was 18 and I didn’t understand what was going on cuz my family just happened to be visiting Austin that weekend....I moved there a couple of months later after I graduated high school!

LET: Favorite thing about festivals?
EF: All the idiots walking around with their stupid badges around their necks when they are miles away from any of the showcases.

mp3: Imagine Hearts (Ringo Deathstarr from Colour Trip)


No comments: