Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Untitled Interview #114 – SXSW Edition: Starring Richie James Follin (Guards)

The days are getting longer, the nights are getting shorter and sweeter, and that, my little vixens, can only mean one thing: it's getting close to being almost time for the one and only SXSW. And of course, that means I had to ask some questions of the bands I'd sure want to see if I was heading down to Austin for the 25th annual SXSW-stravaganza.

Richie James Follin is one busy dude these days. One of his ventures is the sublime Guards, a candy-coated fuzzy lo-fi loveliness, bringing some scuzzy, sludgy rock and some saccharine poppy sweetness together in a perfect pairing. Guards is guarandamnteed to show you a good time, y’all. Pulling double duty down in Austin between Cults and Guards, Follin will hopefully have a chance to enjoy some barbecue.

Les Enfants Terribles: How are you getting to SXSW: plane, train, or automobile?
Richie James Follin: Automobile. I'm touring out to SXSW as we speak...

LET: Inevitably, you will forget to pack:
RJF: I will forget nothing. I am a master of the road.

LET: How many showcases/parties will you be playing?
RJF: 15 or so between my two bands...

LET: Band you're most looking forward to seeing at the festival?
RJF: The Strange Boys.

LET: What's the first thing you plan on doing upon arrival in Austin?
RJF: The four B's...brews, bros, babes, and BBQ.

LET: What was the first festival you ever attended, either as a musician or member of the general public?
RJF: Lollapalooza 96'...my stepdad played the main stage so I was backstage for the whole thing...Ramones, Devo, Rancid, Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Metallica...

LET: Favorite thing about festivals?
RJF: Getting to see a bunch of bands you have been hearing about all in the same day..

mp3: Resolution of One (Guards from Guards)

No comments: