Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Untitled Interview #77 – SXSW Edition: Starring Julie Baenziger (Sea of Bees)

The days are getting longer, the nights are getting shorter and sweeter, and that, my little vixens, can only mean one thing: it's getting close to being almost time for the one and only SXSW. And of course, that means I had to ask some questions of the bands I'd sure want to see if I was heading down to Austin for the 25th annual SXSW-stravaganza.

Sea of Bees is about to become one of your new favorite bands. How do I know? Because I just do. Julie Baenziger (Julie Ann Bee or Jules, to you) has been blessed with an exceptionally beautiful voice, melodiously powerful and prone to soaring moments of unparalleled glory. Paired with chugging, driving guitar and a slightly murky finish, Jules will knock your socks off. And luckily for you SXSW-bound kids, you've got many a chance to see what Sea of Bees can do live. I suggest you do just that.

Les Enfants Terribles: How are you getting to SXSW: plane, train, or automobile?
Julie Baenziger: Will be taking an airplane from London to Texas!

LET: Inevitably, you will forget to pack:
JB: I hope not anything? Geesh? Uh? If I was too? Uh? (socks?)

LET: How many showcases/parties will you be playing?
JB: I think 8? Uh?

LET: Band you're most looking forward to seeing at the festival?
JB: Arcade Fire and Conner Oberst.

LET: What's the first thing you plan on doing upon arrival in Austin?
JB: Chillin' with my homies, reviewing what is going to be going on...go to a pub, grab a cider, grab a beer...

LET: What was the first festival you ever attended, either as a musician or member of the general public?
JB: I was like 17, it was for church...festival conde os' christian music was so cool to me. Delirious was the band that moved me.

LET: Favorite thing about festivals?
JB: Beer, friends, fine music...sharing and making memories...

mp3: Marmalade (Sea of Bees from Songs for the Ravens)

No comments: