Sunday, December 12, 2010

LP Lust: Hello Stranger Edition

Good gosh almighty.

It's been quite some time since I last posted about my record-buying exploits. Entirely too long, methinks. As you probably might have thought, I've been stockpiling quite a nice little new stash, though I have yet to find a place in the DC environs with the wealth of killer $1 records I was fortunate enough (or unfortunate enough, if you ask my bank account) to have close at hand when I lived in Richmond. These records have come from all sorts of places: proper record stores, thrift stores, antique stores, gigs...all over the dang place.

Amusingly enough, the more I write about records, the more I want to go buy even more. Curses. But here's what I've brought home with me over the past few months.

*Darker My Love - Alive As You Are
*Nancy Sinatra - Nancy In London
*Merle Haggard - Okie From Muskogee
*Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty - Lead Me On
*Liturgy - Renihilation
*Them - The Story Of Them
*The Velvet Underground - Loaded
*Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
*Blondie - Eat To The Beat
*The Hollies - Words And Music By Bob Dylan
*The Byrds - Dr. Byrds & Mr. Hyde
*Gary Numan - Telekon
*Leon Russell - Stop All That Jazz
*A Place To Bury Strangers - A Place To Bury Strangers
*Spacemen 3 - The Perfect Prescription
*The Black Angels - Phosphene Dream
*Phil Spector - Echoes Of The 60s

mp3: Ecstatic Rite (live on WFMU) (Liturgy from Renihilation)

No comments: