Thursday, February 10, 2011

Megan's Top 70 of 2010: #37 - La Strada

Why I Decree it to Be So:

This is such a bittersweet record for me to write about, dearhearts. As you know, La Strada called it a day not long ago, but thankfully not before releasing the delightful New Home. I love this record. Love love love love love it. Did I mention that I love it? It’s just so…gosh darn cute (but not in a trite, twee way, just to be clear). If you’re not yet familiar with Brooklyn’s La Strada, may I be the first to do the introductions. This new record of theirs, New Home, is adorable, charming, enchanting, and utterly infectious. If you don’t love it by the time you’re done listening to it, I’m afraid to say your heart might be even colder and blacker than mine. New Home is one of the best and loveliest records of 2010, simple as, uniquely idyllic in that way that some big city bands have. (SEE MORE)


No comments: