Thursday, February 17, 2011

Megan's Top 70 of 2010: #23 - Friendo

Why I Decree it to Be So:

Me oh my, I sure do love me some Friendo. Cold Toads, this fantastic little record of theirs, came out of seemingly nowhere to take over my affection with an aggressive campaign of brutal, authoritative artsy punkish reckless rapscallionism with a counter attack of blissed out, outlandish dreaminess. It's fuzzy, it's loud, it can be a bit jarring, and it. Is. Fabulous. With ties to Women, the droll, slightly bored vocals and proclivity towards divine dissonance are to be expected (such as on the sublime, spy theme-esque "Oversees"), but warm guitar licks and all that fearsome fuzz makes Friendo their own very special animal. Winner winner chicken dinner.

mp3: Oversees (Friendo from Cold Toads)

No comments: