Monday, February 21, 2011

Megan's Top 70 of 2010: #18a - Thee Oh Sees

Why I Decree it to Be So:

As soon as I started listening to Warm Slime for the first time, I felt an overwhelming urge to pull an Easy Rider; hop onto a hog and drive into the desert for some crazy days and crazy nights (minus the whole redneck issue, of course). With Warm Slime, Thee Oh Sees concoct a bewitching bevy of songs that are pretty far fucking out in their intensity and intricacy of composition. Their nouveau psychedelic lusciousness knows no bounds, and it's so very big and beautiful and beatific. Whether it's 14 minutes mindfucks like title track "Warm Slime" or the catchy as all hell dancefloor ditty (and perpetual repeated track around my house) "I Was Denied," Warm Slime is one heck of a trip.

mp3: I Was Denied (Thee Oh Sees from Warm Slime)

No comments: