Friday, December 12, 2008

The Top Albums of 2008 According to Chris: #11 - Dent May and His Magnificent Ukulele

Dent May came THIS close to making my Top Ten based entirely on the video at the bottom of this here post.

Seriously, if that isn't the coolest cat you've ever seen, then you hang out with far cooler cats than I ever have.

He's the perfect embodiment of anti-cool cool, and you just don't see enough of that these days. Bottom line, I want to go to that dance party.

Plus, I see the ukulele making a huge comeback in the near future. Mark my words, Dent is leading the charge, my friends. Before this year, I probably hadn't watched a video in damn near a decade. This one here renews my faith in the genre.

All I'm saying is get on the boat, people. Dent May's brand of scholarock (TM pending) is the new bee's knees and cat's pajama's all rolled into one.














mp3: Meet Me in the Garden (link expired)


No comments: