Monday, December 15, 2008

The Top Albums of 2008 According to Chris: #9 - Left Lane Cruiser

As I've made abundantly clear 'round these parts, I digs me that scuzzy, bluesy, garage rocky sound.

Left Lane Cruiser has said sound in spades, and their debut Bring Yo' Ass... hits all the necessary high points to make my Top 10 for 08.

Furthermore, the band is on Alive Records, quite probably my favorite record label. Alive brought a little something special to the party, a group with which you might be familiar...the Black Keys. Indeed, fine company to keep.

Also, I feel it imperative to give props to any band that sings about Pork 'n Beans. I'm not sure why I feel that way; I just do. With that, a heartfelt tip of the hat to Fredrick "Joe" Evans and Brenn Beck. I'm looking forward to hearing what these cats put out next.




mp3: Wash It (link expired)

No comments: