Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Best Albums of 2008: Let the Madness Continue!

Ms. Megan is right. Who doesn't love Best Of… lists? Nobody. Not even your grandfather.

My big "problem" with "Best of…" lists for CDs of the year is the fact that I seldom listen to full albums anymore. The reasoning is fairly simple: most of the music I receive, either to review or for "personal consumption," seldom comes in the form of full albums anymore. That and the fact that most bands these days can't put out a full CD worth of good music, but that's an entirely different conversation.

Interestingly enough, at least for me, was the fact that most of my faves for the year came out in the first half of the year, if not the first few months. What does this mean? Absolutely nothing, but that doesn't mean I didn't find it interesting.

Also of note, I don't think Megan and I had one top 10 in common. And what does that say? Not much, other than the fact that between the two of us, we've probably got all your musical bases covered. And what more do you want out of your music blog?

No comments: