Monday, December 8, 2008

LP Lust: December 8

It's official: I have no willpower.

No, really, I don't.

Example: tonight's post-work stop by one of my favorite thrift stores, ostensibly for business, but resulting in several entirely unnecessary purchases. In addition to the $40 I spent on (what I consider to be) the best chair ever (no really, it's fabulous), I was also sucked in by the racks of records. Despite a fairly lackluster selection, I managed to unearth five pretty awesome records, which will soon be out of the bag and happily ensconced in my gradually growing collection.

I do find it relatively easy to justify such expenditures on the basis that a) it's a Monday and Mondays are loathsome and annoying, and b) I have a lot of ground to cover in terms of my records. Oh, and c) did I mention the chair is glorious? Because it really is. Goldenrod velvet with big buttons and gorgeous lines...

But I've digressed. Here's what I fell for on this particular occasion:


*Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway

*Quincy Jones - The Dude

*Diana Ross - Surrender

*Diana Ross - Diana Ross

*Dionne Warwick - Make Way for Dionne Warwick

This is a monumental spate of purchases, you see. I very seldom buy many chick records, and have entirely more male-dominated music than that with lady vocalists. So tonight is an aberration, if you will. And I'm rather pleased.


No comments: