Friday, January 30, 2009

LP Lust: January 30

I'm moving this weekend. My things are in bags and boxes, scattered around my apartment, and I have that general feeling of all not being right with the world that you get right before you move and your life is packed away. Rational thought dictates that this would be the absolute worst time to bring more things into your soon-to-be-vacated home, fortunately I've never been much of a rational thinker, instead preferring the flights of fancy so common to those of us born under the sign of Gemini.

And so, friends, I've adopted the maxim that when the going gets tough, the tough buy records.

A nice, neat little pile has joined my collection. One of my favorite stores for kitsch proved itself very worthy of praise for their records. Here's what will be moving with me Sunday afternoon:

*Cliff Richard - I'm Nearly Famous

*Dean Martin - Houston

*Nat King Cole - Thank You, Pretty Baby

*The Graduate Soundtrack

*The Four King Cousins - Introducing...The Four King Cousins

*Burt Bacharach - Reach Out

*Herbie Mann - Memphis Underground

*Henry Mancini - Breakfast at Tiffany's

*Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

*Waylon Jennings - The Ramblin' Man

*Bill Withers - Still Bill

*Roberta Flack - First Take

*Elton John - Elton John

*Graham Nash - Wild Tales

Now I really can't wait to get to my new house and get my fancy new record player (with USB hookup!) ready to roll. I'll never leave home...

No comments: