Friday, January 2, 2009

A Gift from Nonesuch Records

Those daffy bastards at Nonesuch Records have decided to make all our lives a little better by releasing a few tracks from Black Keys' frontman Dan Auerbach's upcoming solo CD, Keep It Hid.

Surprisingly, I have not seen these tracks blasted all over the Interwebs yet. I'm guessing it's gotta be because of the holidays, as this clearly is the CD I'm currently most looking forward to hearing in 2009.

If these tracks are any indication, Auerbach is sticking fairly close to the BK sound, b
ut has added a bit more pyschedelia and country blues to the mix.

"The Prowl" is a growling gut cruncher, while "Trouble Weighs a Ton" and "I Want Some More" have a much more "old skool" blues feel to them.

Damnation, I can't wait until February 28 when this tour hits the 9:30 Club.



mp3: The Prowl

mp3: Trouble Weighs a Ton

mp3: I Want Some More


No comments: