Friday, May 1, 2009

LP Lust: Record Store Day Edition

As most of you smartypantses know, Record Store Day 2009 was April 18th. I hope everyone made it out to support independent record stores all over. I'll stay off my soapbox for now, but I'm sure we all know how important it is to help the indies stay around during these troubling economic times. I of course couldn't resist the lure not only of my usual record hoarding, but the chance to poach some killer freebies.

So off I went, early in the morn on a Saturday, to my favorite (and the bestest) of Richmond's record emporiums, Plan 9. I snagged myself some RSD goodies and headed to my Mecca, otherwise known as the basement, where the (majority of the) vinyl lives. As always, I went with a mix of knowns and unknowns. Here's what came home with me along with the free goods:


*Adam Ant - Friend or Foe

*Brewer & Shipley - Tarkio

*Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle

*John Baldry - Everything Stops for Tea

*Dead or Alive - Youthquake

*Gregg Allman - Laid Back

*The Flying Lizards - The Flying Lizards

*The Lovin' Spoonful - The Best of the Lovin' Spoonful

*Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood

*A-Ha - Hunting High and Low

*The Dillards - Wheatstraw Suite

*The Rolling Stones - Undercover

*Jethro Tull - Benefit

*Brownsville Station - A Night on the Town

*Cream - Goodbye

*The Beach Boys - Endless Summer

I'm still nowhere close to achieving my goal of collecting every single Rolling Stones LP ever, but it'll happen one of these days.


1 comment:

Matt said...

Every day is Record Store Day.