Monday, May 25, 2009

LP Lust: Memorial Day Edition

Greetings and salutations, my fine fellows! I hope everyone has been enjoying the bliss otherwise known as the three-day weekend. I am a serious proponent of a permanent three-day weekend, though, sadly, it doesn't look like this issue is going to be addressed anytime soon.

Anyway! What better thing to do over a holiday weekend than shop for vinyl! My latest additions to the ever-growing LP collection were purchased over two different shopping trips, one to the fantabulous Diversity Thrift here in Richmond, the other this past Saturday at the Plan 9 in Charlottesville. Here's what I ended up with:

*Leon Russell: Leon Russell
*Neil Young: Decade
*Bruce Springsteen: Nebraska
*Ike & Tina Turner: Get It-Get It!
*Harry Nilsson: A Little Touch of Schmilsson in the Night

*Gram Parsons: Grievous Angel
*Grand Funk: We're An American Band
*Various: Welcome to Tyrol
*Harry Nilsson: The Point!
*Magnavox Presents: A Reprise of Great Hits


All in all, I do believe I found some very excellent albums. I feel really lucky to be in an area that has such a wealth of good quality (and cheap!) used records.

No comments: