Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whither Festivus - SXSW 2009

It is the Mother of all (American) music festivals. It is so big that it now encompasses not only music, but film and other good things as well. It is two weeks of non-stop networking and entertainment and debauchery. It is South by Southwest (known to all as SXSW), and the best part about the 2009 installment, in my humble opinion, is that I am going.

I won't post the lineup here, simply because it's already over 1,000 bands (with more to come, undoubtedly). You can see the lineup
here.

What I will do is give you an idea of the bands I'm pretty much drooling over getting to see live (schedule permitting, of course). I'll do this in alphabetical order. Here is but a sampling of the bands on the "Megan is stoked to see" list: The Airborne Toxic Event, Annuals, Beach House, the Black Angels, Black Lips, the Blue Aeroplanes, Camera Obscura, Crystal Stilts, Cut Off Your Hands, Dead Confederate, Department of Eagles, Explosions in the Sky, Hopewell, Human Highway, I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness, the Japanese Motors, Duquette Johnston, Cotton Jones, King Khan & the Shrines, Ladyhawke, the Life & Times, Ida Maria, the Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Passion Pit, Pete & the Pirates, +/-, Pretty & Nice, Primal Scream, Ringo Deathstarr, Royal Bangs, School of Seven Bells, Scram C Baby, the Seedy Seeds, Takka Takka, These United States, Violens, Viva Voce, and Women. And that's just the preliminary, not-at-all researched list.

It's going to be insanity, and I can't wait. Stay tuned for special SXSW treats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SXSW will be cool. Go to TC's Lounge!