Saturday, February 21, 2009

LP Lust: Budget-Bustin' Edition

I've come to the conclusion that the notion of putting myself on a limited budget for records is nothing more than one of those ideas that are good in theory, but just never seem to work out in real life (as I'm sure you've already figured out, since I'm posting about buying more records). My resolution to not spend more then $10 on records until I return from Austin next month lasted all of four days, which is four days longer than most of you probably would have guessed.

This latest batch of vinyl was had in three sessions; the first a small group from Plan 9 a couple days ago, next from a thrifting expedition earlier today, and the last pillaged from my friend Brett's collection (cheers, Brett). Here's my latest loot:

*Headlights - Kill Them with Kindness

*Billy Bragg - Talking with the Taxman about Poetry

*Gang of Four - Solid Gold

*Jeff Beck - Truth

*Crosby, Still, Nash & Young - So Far

*The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem - Irish Songs of Rebellion

*The Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd

*Doc Watson - Elementary Doctor Watson!

*Tschaikovsky - Pathetique (Vienna Tonkunstler Symphony Orchestra)

*Tom Jones - Live in Las Vegas

*Doc Severinsen - Fever!

*David Carroll & His Orchestra - Percussion Parisienne

*The Village Stompers - Washington Square

*The Strokes - Is This It?

*Lou Reed - New York Superstar

*Neil Young - After the Goldrush

Does anyone know of a Vinyl Anonymous group I could maybe join?

No comments: