Tuesday, February 17, 2009

LP Lust: President's Day Edition

Hey kids, check this out. Sunday afternoon I went back to Plan 9, and guess what happened? No, I wasn't attacked by a swarm of honey bees. If you guessed that I bought more records, you'd be correct.

My dear friend Laura twisted my arm (ow, it still hurts) into joining her for a little pre-movie shopping at our favorite Richmond record store, and despite going (further) overboard on Saturday, I agreed. The problem with this in general is that my willpower pretty much sucks. Put me in a room with cheap vinyl and I will never, ever leave this room empty-handed.

So what did I purchase on the day before President's Day, you wonder? Ponder no more, friends. Here's what ended up coming home with me:

*John Cale - Honi Soit

*Roger Daltrey - Ride a Rock Horse

*The New Colony Six - Revelations

*Sound Team - Work EP

*The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over

*The Supremes - I Hear a Symphony

*Todd Rundgren - Runt: The Ballad of Todd Rundgren

I am now officially on a strict, record-buying budget. I must be stopped.

No comments: