Thursday, October 30, 2008

Video Vixens: Happy Halloween Edition

It's just about that time, boys and ghouls. It's mere moments from being my favorite holiday and pretty much almost favorite day of the year: Halloween. I've already touched upon my love of the "Monster Mash" earlier this week, but I wanted to go ahead and post some videos for a few of my best-love, most classic Halloween-related tunes.

First up, the Warren Zevon delight "Werewolves of London." No Halloween would be complete without it, in my humble opinion. Next, a special little something I found while poking around on the YouTube, a Halloween medley, as performed live in 2004 by those beguiling Dresden Dolls. Also thrown in, naturally, Alice Cooper's "Feed My Frankenstein," a very bad song in a very good way, and thematic to boot. Matt Pond PA's "Halloween" is a great view, this version is live. I love love love the old October Country song "My Girlfriend is a Witch," and whoever spliced together this fabulous clip with all sorts of bewitching ladies is one of my new favorite people in the world. And finally, quite possibly the ultimate Halloween song, in my book, "Night on Bald Mountain." I grew up on classical music (and the Rolling Stones), so I've been hearing this song at Halloween for what seems like forever. And paired with the Fantasia animation, it's pretty much the best Halloween video ever. And now, the videos:













I'd also like to wish you a very Happy Halloween. May you all get all the treats you can handle. Happy Haunting, one and all.

No comments: