Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Video Vixens: The Monster Mash

Halloween is without question my favorite of all holidays. What can I say, I dig dressing up. I'll be donning my new stewardess costume this year (sadly not at the Black Angels/Roky Erickson shows), and so in celebration of this joyous holiday I have decided to post some thematic videos for your enjoyment.

First up, perhaps the most ubiquitous of all Halloween tunes: "The Monster Mash", given to us by Boris Pickett & the Crypt kickers many moons ago. Below we have the original version (as given video form in a DIY clip from the 70s), Gary Glitter's...interesting...version of the song, the classic Misfits' cover, and a cover of the song by a band I simply couldn't resist, because a) I love excruciatingly loud music and b) the band in question is called the Electric Fuck Pirates. How could I resist?

I don't know about you, but for me this is the most wonderful time of the year...










No comments: