Tuesday, October 21, 2008

So Long, Farewell: The Long Blondes

Mondays are crap enough as it is, but they're made even worse when one hears sad news. The news that made me glum yesterday involves those saucy nouveau wavers the Long Blondes, who made some of the smartest, sassiest tunes around. Here's the official word from their Myspace blog:

"
We have decided to call it a day.

The main reason for this is that I suffered from a stroke in June and unfortunately I do not know when / if I will be well enough to play guitar again.

On behalf of the band I'd like to say a big thank you to anyone who ever came to one of our shows, bought one of our records or danced to one of our songs in a club. Thank you, if it wasn't for you the whole thing would have been pointless.

Finally on a personal note, thanks for all your well wishing messages.

Dorian xxx"

While the news of the split is definitely a bummer, we here at LET would like to wish Dorian the best of health, and best wishes for all the band's future endeavors. I'm really happy I got to see them live, but for those of you who didn't, there's two darned fine albums to listen to over and over. And videos to watch, like this one below, for "Guilt".


No comments: