Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Untitled Interview #4 – Coachella Edition: Starring Graham Walsh (Holy Fuck)

Holy Fuck: not only a band with a delightful name to say, but a band with a fiery electrotrainwreck of a sound that’ll get your body rockin’ and blood flowing in no time flat. I can say that with authority, you know, having had the pleasure of seeing them live a few times. Seriously, just try to listen to their LP and not dance. Impossible. As luck would have it, the devilishly smooth Canadian noise-art-rock collective happened to be at Coachella, taking the stage after some actor dude named Sean Penn. I’m sure they were entirely more danceable. Read on to see what Mister Graham Walsh had to say about his expectations for Coachella 2008.

Les Enfants Terribles: How are you getting to Coachella: plane, train, or automobile?
Graham Walsh: We're flying there. Our European tour ends a couple days before Coachella, so we have to fly. Otherwise, we might have driven.

LET: Inevitably, you will forget to pack:
GW: My bathing suit...actually, I might remember it now because you asked me that question. Usually, I'm always forgetting my bathing suit.

LET: Band you're most looking forward to seeing at the festival?
GW: Dwight Yoakam or Kraftwerk. Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. I hear Dwight is amazing live!

LET: To camp or not to camp?
GW: It's always fun to camp at a music festival... unless it rains. I think this time we'll get a hotel room, though!

LET: What was the first festival you ever attended, either as a musician or member of the general public?
GW: The first music festival I attended was Lollapalooza 1993 in Barrie, Ontario. We missed all the headlining acts because I was there with my friend who's mom made us come home for supper!

LET: The California desert in late April: friend or foe?
GW: We live in Toronto, Canada. I think that most types of weather associated with the state of California would have to be my friend.

LET: Favorite thing about festivals?
GW: Seeing bands you normally wouldn't see.

No comments: