Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 7: Loom Day

It's been a long, long time since I've decreed an honorary day around these parts. But I figure it's about time for another, and The Loom now joins Dead Confederate and The Black Angels as bands upon which I've given a day here at LET.

By sheer happy chance, The Loom's show tonight at The Red & The Black, with Little Bigheart, Strand of Oaks, and The Idiomatics, (y'all come on down, y'hear?) has managed to become my 50th show of the 100 Shows of 2010 extravaganza. And if that's not cause for celebration, well, I just don't know what is.

If you're not yet familiar with The Loom, now's the perfect time to make amends. Brooklyn's finest makes gorgeous, glorious and honest epic folk, with a little bit of mountainous country hither and yon, that is both haunting and uplifting. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to tear myself away from listening to their record in order to go and see them live, but where there's a will there'll be a way. So folks, come on feel The Loom. I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased as punch that you did.


mp3: Helen (The Loom from the forthcoming Teeth)

[photo by Sarahana Shrethsa]

No comments: