Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year from LET!

I don't know about you, darlings, but 2009 has been both kind and oh-so cruel. The highs of 2009 were astronomical, SXSW and the NIN/JA tour immediately spring to mind. But the tail of the year has been a real pisser (most recent setback: premature iPod demise. Anyone have any hookups to Apple?!). I've been busily deciding on some resolutions, the first of which was resolving to have resolutions again. I didn't make any last NYE, and figured what the hell.

2010, you are welcomed with open arms. Please don't suck.

Another of my resolutions involves writing more. While lately this has proven challenging (another lemon 2009 has thrown my way is computer problems), now that I only have 5 more work days until the void known as gainful unemployment, I'll have plenty of time to let Chris take a breather every now and then. But I must say, as far as partners in crime go, Mr. Terrible is as good as it gets.

In the spirit of the New Year, may I present to you two wonderful NYE-appropriate tunes. The first, being from those darlings of
The Walkmen, is a driving force in the face of the harsh winter. The second is a new take on an old classic, Vandaveer's cover of "Auld Lang Syne". If you don't yet know about Vandaveer, don't worry, you soon will.

And with that, on behalf of Chris and myself I'd like to wish you all a spectacularly Happy New Year! May 2010 be limitlessly joyful, and bring you much happiness and good health. Cheers!

mp3:
In The New Year (buy)

mp3:
Auld Lang Syne (free Xmas EP)

No comments: