Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Covered: Don't Step on the Grass, Sam

I prefer not to get into much politics here at LET because, frankly, that's not what we're about. Personally, I'm all about the benevolent dictatorship wherein I am the dictator, but we don't really need to get into that now. For what it's worth, though, I do have plans for the world's first all-nude military that will blow your mind, but I'm really getting off topic. Seriously, though, think about it--all-nude military is genius. When the invading forces come, they'll be too busy gawking at my very buff, co-ed, nekkid ninja personnel to notice me and the rest of the royal harem escaping. It's genius in it's simplicity, I know. I came up with it, after all.

Which brings me to my tipping of the hat towards the Obama administration. I've been a tad lukewarm on what his team has actually accomplished thus far, but I say kudos to you, sir, and Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr., for directing federal prosecutors to back off on medicinal users. Yes, the pot lobbyists have been piggy backing on the health issue to get their agenda moving forward, but as a left leaning libertarian/hopeful benevolent dictator, I'm behind the methodology here, kids.

And what better acknowledgement could I give to our friends in D.C. than to do a small bit on "Don't Step on the Grass, Sam?" The track first saw the light of day on Steppenwolf the Second, and has been a burner fave ever since. So much so, that Steppenwolf trotted it out again on Live. And if that weren't enough, Gov't Mule does a downright electrifying take of their own that can be found on Hempilation, a perhaps not-so-surprisingly hit or miss collection whose proceeds benefit NORML. (Personally, I prefer to give my time and money to the Marijuana Policy Project, but we're all on the same team here, right?)

I'm guessing it's 4:20 somewhere in the world right now, kids, so have at it.


mp3: Don't Step on the Grass, Sam (Steppenwolf from Live)

No comments: