Friday, September 25, 2009

Mark Your Calendars: Lebowski Fest DC

Very few flicks are as deserving of exalted cult status as is The Big Lebowski. I can say that to me, it's one of the best-written, best-directed, best-acted movies I've ever seen. And while it may be the case that I am far from a movie connisseur, I know a damn good movie when I see it. I've watched it more times than I can count, and often find myself quoting the movie, or thinking of Jeff Bridges whenever I hear the word "Dude." But my obsession with the movie doesn't even come close to that of Scott and Will, founders of Lebowski Fest.

Since its' inception in 2002, Lebowski Fest has grown leaps and bounds. Now the festival takes its act on the road, hitting several cities every year in celebration of one of the all-time biggest cult movies. I've heard tales of epic costumes and warm comraderie among revelers, and The Dude himself even ventured forth to take in Lebowski Fest one year.

And now, my fellow Achievers, we can get in on the action.

I do hope to see you at the 9:30 Club Monday night, for a screening of the movie and live performance by Black Diamond Heavies, and at Strike! Bethesda Tuesday night for an evening of rolling. I don't know about you, but for once, I'm looking forward to Monday.

No comments: