Sunday, August 2, 2009

LP Lust: Heatwave Edition

I don't know about where you are, but here in Richmond it's been hotter than a five-alarm fire lately. I have found that one of the best ways to beat the icky gross disgusting heat is buying records. No kidding, go ahead and try it.

This latest grouping of records comes from two different shopping sprees. The first was last Tuesday at Plan 9, during the Balkans/Carnivores instore (which, if you missed, shame on you). Thanks to that little trip, I am two records closer to my goal of having every Rolling Stones LP on vinyl. The grand total now sits at 11. The next group was purchased Friday, on my day off, at one of my favorite local thrift stores. Somehow I lucked out, finding quite a few gems after patiently rummaging through the racks and racks of show tunes and Chicago.

Here's the list of the latest entrants into my collection.

*Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble: Texas Flood
*The Rolling Stones: The Rolling Stones, Now!
*Martha & The Vandellas: Greatest Hits
*The Rolling Stones: England's Newest Hit Makers
*Carnivores: All Night Dead USA
*Laura Nyro: Laura Nyro
*Dionne Warwick: Valley of The Dolls
*Todd Rundgren: Todd
*The Wonder Stuff: It's Your Money I'm After Baby
*Tammy Wynette: D-I-V-O-R-C-E
*Rod Stewart: Smiler
*Deep Purple: Made In Japan
*The Swingle Sisters: Going Baroque

No comments: