Friday, July 24, 2009

LP Lust: Jooooooly Edition

Hot damn it's been a long time since I went record shopping. When I first had that thought, friends, I realized it was time to make amends, and add records to my already full shelves. Obviously, it's time to buy more shelves.

The records listed here were acquired over the past couple weeks, including a no-holds barred pillaging of the record bins of several area thrift stores this morning. I lucked my way into quite a variety this time, a little bit of this, that, and then some. After this haul, I thank my lucky stars to have wandered into the stores when I did. One of the best ways I know of to beat the heat is by parking myself on my couch with a nice cold beverage, listening to one of these fabulous records all night long.

*Bay City Rollers: Dedication
*Parliament: Motor Booty Affair
*Herbie Mann: Glory of Love
*Brushfire Records 12" Sampler Volume I
*Procul Harum: Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
*The Rolling Stones: Hot Rocks
*Jeff Beck: Blow by Blow
*Duane & Greg: Allman
*The Rolling Stones: Exile on Main Street
*Nancy Wilson: Goin' Out of My Head
*Big Country: The Crossing
*Babar Songs & Stories
*The Umbrellas of Cherbourg OST
*A Man and a Woman OST
*Chet Atkins: Music from Nashville My Home Town
*The Dillards: Live...Almost
*Willie Nelson: The Sound in Your Mind
*The Mamas & The Papas: A Gathering of Flowers - The Anthology
*Diana Ross & The Supremes: Greatest Hits
*Kenny Rogers: The Gambler
*Charley Pride: Pride of Country Music
*Adam & The Ants: Stand and Deliver!
*The Police: Synchronicity
*Steve Miller Band: The Joker
*Muddy Waters: King Bee
*Metallica: Ride the Lightning
*Men at Work: Business as Usual
*Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Hard Promises
*Roy Orbison: The Classic Roy Orbison
*Charley Pride: Charley Pride in Person
*Barry Nesbitt and The Highlanders: Scots Wha' Ha'e
*Henry Mancini: The Pink Panther

No comments: