Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson, Aug. 29, 1958-June 25, 2009

Whether you remember him fondly as the King of Pop or as a bizarre freak show whose every move was a public relations nightmare, it's impossible not to acknowledge the world lost a musical legend yesterday with the passing of Michael Jackson.

Growing up in the late 70s/early 80s, MJ was larger than life for a great deal of my childhood. And let's be honest with ourselves, Thriller remains to this day a phenomenal album. Sure, the titular video scared the bejeezus out of my at the time, but had I not broken my leg literally six weeks before my wedding, you can bet your sweet bippy that the first dance for the Missus and I would have been zombified.

In tribute, I present to you this little gem from Soul Coughing. It's about as weird as the man's life became, a rather apropos gesture, I believe. Enjoy.

(The quality isn't spectacular, but the glitches are in the beginning)

No comments: