Saturday, August 2, 2008

Say it Ain't So!: Charlatans Cancel DC Show

File this under shittiest news of the weekend. One of my favorite bands of the 90s, and still very much beloved to me, the Charlatans had brought immense joy to my life after the announcement of their October 15th date at the Black Cat. After all, I've been loving songs like "The Only One I Know" and "Sproston Green" for nigh on 15 years now. But today, while perusing the Black Cat's schedule to add to our own fabulous calendar of events, I noticed these terrible, horrible, no good very bad words:

"Wed Oct 15- CHARLATANS UK have cancelled. Internet and phone orders will be automatically refunded. Please return to place of purchase for all other refunds."


Be still my breaking heart! I've been scouring the internets looking for reasons why, or if this is the only date cancelled, but so far no such luck. If you've got any info on this staggeringly dire news, please feel free to let us know so we can spread the word.
I'm gonna go throw on some vintage Charlies and mope for a while.

[Photo by Roger Sargant, via the official Charlatans website]

No comments: